Healthy Hydration Guide
- Water ! there are a lots of myths about how much and what to drink.
- This can be rather confusing, is 8 glasses of water really all that we have to drink per day on top of all other drinks?
- Is it true that Water is essential for life?
- And so it is thus very important to get the right amount of fluid to be healthy .
- How ever tea and coffee do not account towards my fluid intake?
Let us take a look what is Healthy Hydration!
- Why our body need water ?
- Your body depends on water to survive.
- Every cells ,tissue and organ in your body needs water to work correctly.
- Well two- thirds of your body is water so isn’t it dully important that you consume enough fluid to stay healthy and hydrated..
- What will happen if you are dehydrated?
- Problems such feeling tired,not performing your best ,getting aches and pain everywhere well these are some of the minor problems you might encounter.
- Your body needs water to maintain its temperature,remove waste and lubricate joints. So water is need for good health.
How much water do we need ?
- Water makes up more than half of your body weight.
- We loose water each day when we go to the toilet ,sweat,even when we breath.
- Vomiting and Diarrhea can also lead to rapid loss in water so we need to replace the water lost our body .
- The amount of fluid we need depends on a lots of factor including the weather,our age and the physical activity we are involve in.
- The basic recommendation for ladies is around 2 liter and for men around 2.5 liter per day.
- That also depends on the above factor such as age group, the weather and also physical activity.
- That make our body come dehydrated.
How can we tell we are getting enough water ?
- Our body mechanisms is rather unique to make sure we stay hydrated.
- Feeling thirsty is a sign you body is informing you that we need to drink more water.
- Another way to spot weather we are drinking enough water or not is through our urine.
- If our urine appear to be pale or light yellow it means we are getting enough water .
- Dark yellow or amber colored urine is a sign of dehydration
- Water is so unique !
- When we are born water makes up 75 % of our body weight.
- Water helps our body in many ways, it carries nutrients to our cells,helps to remove waste and regulate our body temperature.
- For most people ,water is the best thing to drink to stay hydrated.
- When you are feeling hungry ,drink water.
- Thirst is often confused with hunger.
- Drinking water may also contribute to a healthy weight- loss program .
- Do you know that we can survive up to 50 days without food but only a few days without water.
” Health is a matter of choice not a mystery of chance.”
Robert A Mendelssohn